A182 fitting / flange specifications
American Piping Products stocks S/A182 forged or rolled components for high-temperature service in the following grades:
- S/A182-F5 CL1
- S/A182-F9 CL1
- S/A182-F11 CL1
- S/A182-F22 CL1
This specification covers forged low-alloy and stainless steel piping components for use in pressure systems. Included are flanges, fittings, valves and similar parts to specified dimensions or to dimensional standards. Products made to this specification are limited to a maximum weight of 10,000 lb.
The low-alloy ferritic steels shall be made by the open-hearth, electric-furnace or basic-oxygen process with the option of separate degassing and refining processes in each case. The stainless steels shall be melted by one of the following processes: Electric-furnace (with the option of separate degassing and refining processes), vacuum-furnace or one of the former followed by vacuum or electroslag-consumable remelting.
After hot working, forgings shall be cooled to a temperature below 1000 °F (538 °C) prior to heat treating in accordance with the requirements of ASTM A182. The low-alloy steels and ferritic and martensitic stainless steels shall be heat treated in accordance with the requirements of ASTM A182.
- ASTM A262 Practices for Detecting Susceptibility to Intergranular Attack in Austenitic Stainless Steels
- ASTM A275/A275M Practice for Magnetic Particle Examination of Steel Forgings
- ASTM A336/A336M Specification for Alloy Steel Forgings for Pressure and High-Temperature Parts
- ASTM, A388/A388M Practice for Ultrasonic Examination of Steel Forgings
- ASTM A479/A479M Specification for Stainless Steel Bars and Shapes for Use in Boilers and Other Pressure Vessels A484/A484M Specification for General Requirements for Stainless Steel Bars, Billets, and Forgings
- ASTM A739 Specification for Steel Bars, Alloy, Hot-Wrought, for Elevated Temperature or Pressure-Containing Parts, or Both
- ASTM A763 Practices for Detecting Susceptibility to Intergranular Attack in Ferritic Stainless Steels
- ASTM A788/A788M Specification for Steel Forgings, General Requirements Steel Flanges, Forged Fittings, Valves, and Parts for Piping Applications
- ASTM A961/A961M Specification for Common Requirements for Steel Flanges, Forged Fittings, Valves, and Parts for Piping Applications
- ASTM A965/A965M Specification for Steel Forgings, Austenitic, for Pressure and High Temperature Parts
- ASTM A1049/A1049M Specification for Stainless Steel Forgings, Ferritic/Austenitic (Duplex), for Pressure Vessels and Related Components
- ASME B16.11 Forged Steel Fittings, Socket Welding, and Threaded